The Principality of Anhalt-Aschersleben was a German territory which existed from 1252 to 1315. It was created when the Principality of Anhalt was divided into the Principalities of Anhalt-Aschersleben, Anhalt-Bernburg and Anhalt-Zerbst in 1252.
In 1315, the governing princely family of the principality became extinct. It was eventually transferred - including the capital of Aschersleben - to the Bishopric of Halberstadt. In 1648, the Bishopric of Halberstadt was secularized into the Principality of Halberstadt and its sovereign possessions, including the rights to Anhalt-Aschersleben, were given to Brandenburg-Prussia.
Data excerpted from: Schön G., Deutscher Münzkatalog 18. Jahrhundert, Battenberg (2007-2008)[SCH]